This website is the Research England Data Portal and is operated by UK Research and Innovation (‘UKRI’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’). Your use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions (‘terms’). We may change these terms by updating this page at any time, and it is your responsibility to check you are still willing to be bound by them.
Your account and how we may use your personal information
You’ll need to provide an email address and a suitably strong passphrase to access our service. We have built in appropriately high standards of security to protect your interests and ours. You can contact your institutional administrator to ask for your account to be deleted. By using this website, information that personally identifies you (such as information about your user account) will be made available to the following groups of people:
- staff at UKRI and Research England who administer and operate the website
- staff at your employing institution who administer users
- administrators at Research England will be able to see emails sent to you by the service for 7 days after they were sent
- if you are an administrator, your name will be available to other users of the service at your employing institution for administrative purposes
It is necessary to make your information available in this way to allow users of the site to administer your account.
You will also be able to see the same information about other users if you are set up as an administrator.
All personal data provided to UKRI will be processed in accordance with current UK data protection legislation.
Further information on how we use personal data, and how you can exercise your rights as a data subject, can be found in the UK Research and Innovation privacy notice.
This website is for information purposes only. We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content is accurate and current. However, we cannot accept liability for any losses or damages that may arise from using or relying on information on this website.
You may not use the website or any information it contains in any way that:
- disrupts the normal working of the website
- infringes any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, other proprietary rights, or rights of publicity or privacy in any way
- is illegal or otherwise unlawful
- has not been requested, including unsolicited bulk email or spamming
- is libellous, abusive, menacing or offensive or may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person
- is obscene, vulgar, pornographic or is otherwise against public policy
- facilitates the transmission of any virus or other material that could potentially damage the website, and any computers or internet services that are connected to it
You must not attempt to interfere with the website or its workings. You must not try to break security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router, or any other device.
If we become aware of any violation of these terms, we reserve the right to take action to stop the violation. This may include removing information, suspending or removing a user, and providing relevant information to external bodies where required by law or regulation.
We have no obligation to monitor or censor any information that users store within, or transmit through, the website. We are not responsible for any injury, damage, or offence that results from such storage and transmission of information.
The names, images and logos identifying UKRI and Research England are subject to copyright. Copying of our logos or any other third party logos accessed via this website is not permitted without prior approval from the relevant copyright owner. Requests for permission to use our logo should be directed to email@example.com.
Except as permitted for academic, personal or other non-commercial purposes, users must not reprint or electronically reproduce from the Research England Data Portal any document, graphic or image in whole or in part without the prior written permission of UKRI, or in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
Linking to and from our website
You do not have to ask permission to link to pages hosted on our website.
We have no control over the content of websites that we link to. We accept no responsibility for the content of other websites or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
For further information or to raise any concerns related to the accessibility of this website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.